EMR Golden Grove’s in-mine exploration program is focused on extending the current mine life of both the Gossan Hill and Scuddles mines through delineation and expansion of the current resources and reserves, whilst district exploration is working on both base metal and gold discovery potential in the region. The three main focuses of the exploration program are:
- Resource Extension – focus on extending known Mineral Resources to increase current mine life through geological modelling, geophysical surveys, interpretation and drilling.
- Near Mine – focus on testing priority targets in areas external to current resources that could feed into and expand the current mine plan through re-interpretation and modelling of existing datasets, geophysical surveys (radio wave imaging and down-hole electromagnetics), litho-geochemistry, structure/3D modelling and drilling.
- District – two main streams, base metal and gold potential:
- Base metals – focus on the Golden Grove Formation which hosts the Gossan and Scuddles mines as well as Gossan Valley, Flying Hi and Grassi resources; review existing datasets, and collect additional data through bottom of hole RAB sampling, combine with 3D structural model to generate a series of ranked drilling targets.
- Gold – focus on the Warriedar, Windaning and Thundelarra Groups which host the Bald Hill, Pincer and Minjar Hill gold prospects. Program to review existing datasets and collect additional data through soil sampling and geological mapping. The enhanced datasets will be combined with 3D structural modelling to generate a series of ranked drilling targets.