EMR Golden Grove has an environmental management system that is risk based and aims to minimise environmental impacts and maintain compliance with our legislative requirements.
Important environmental controls include:
- A high-density polyethylene (HDPE) lined tailings storage facility to manage wastes from the processing plant
- A water treatment system that treats underground mine water for reuse on Site
- A waste water treatment plant designed and maintained to manage sewage treatment
- A reverse osmosis plant that provides effective treatment for potable water supply to the mining operation
- Environmental monitoring programs (including groundwater, surface water and air quality) that aim to monitor changes to the local environment
EMR Golden Grove has a well-developed mine closure plan that aims to define the closure obligations and commitments, establish post mining land use objectives and closure criteria with stakeholder engagement and provide plans to achieve the objectives. Rehabilitation trials and works have commenced with the Gossan Hill Open Pit waste rock dump and decommissioned tailings storage facility. A rehabilitation monitoring program using vegetation and landform characterisation has been established to track the rehabilitation success.